16th International EAUN Meeting in Spain
The 16th International EAUN Meeting will be held from 21 to 23 March 2015 in Madrid, Spain in conjunction with the 30th Anniversary EAU Congress. The EAUN Meeting is yearly attended by more than 400 nurses from over 20 different countries, also from outside of the European Union. Around 50 nursing abstracts are yearly submitted for poster presentations.
Welcome from the Chair
It gives me great pleasure as the new chair of the EAUN to invite you to the 16th International Meeting of the European Association of Urology Nurses (EAUN), 21-23 March 2015, to the historic and vibrant city of Madrid.
Concurrently organised with the 30th Anniversary EAU Congress (20-24 March 2015), the EAUN annual meeting provides the optimal opportunity to develop clinical practice, keep abreast of key clinical developments in urology, discuss and debate issues that affect us all in our clinical development and consider approaches to optimise our patient care.
As an organisation, the EAUN will deliver a comprehensive scientific programme that aims to closely examine current issues in urological nursing while anticipating the challenges of modern urological care.
Nos vemos en Madrid!
EAUN Meeting Learning Objectives
The EAUN Meeting provides a forum for presenting original unpublished data and sharing ideas for urological innovation as well as disseminating evidence-based knowledge of primary clinical relevance. Delegates attending the EAUN International Meeting will be able to:
- Review emerging evidence, innovative techniques and scientific advances relevant to the field of urological nursing;
- Review the latest data and emerging trends from studies in clinical and translational research relevant to nursing and urological care generally;
- Discuss the evolving role of the EAUN in promoting higher standards of urological nursing care, urological nursing research and practice development;
- Enhance their knowledge of evidence-based approaches to the management of urological disease;
- Gain new knowledge on emerging diagnostic and risk-assessment strategies in the management of urological disease;
- Enhance their practical knowledge and skills through educational activities, workshops and courses;
- Gain exposure to new developments in evidence-informed, multi-professional urological care including medical technology, drug therapy, medical devices and new cutting edge technology through visiting the EAU Congress Exhibition ;
- Communicate, collaborate and network with representatives of a large international audience – medical professionals, national urological societies, patient groups, medical industry and the media.
Submissions 16th EAUN
If you are a nurse, or other practitioner practising in the field of urology, continence, oncology, etc. we welcome you to submit an Abstract, Research Plan or Difficult Case for the 16th International EAUN Meeting, which will take place on 21-23 March 2015 in Madrid.
The EAUN Meeting will once again offer a comprehensive programme, which will, amongst others, feature workshops, panel discussions, state-of-the-art lectures, symposia, interactive case discussions and poster sessions. If you wish to submit an Abstract for the meeting, you will find all relevant information on the page “Abstract submission” and can submit via the EAU abstract website which is open from 1 July 2014. If you wish to submit a Research Plan or Difficult Case please visit the instruction pages on the website: “Research Plan Submission” and “Difficult Case Submission”. Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for all EAUN submissions: 1 December 2014!
About the EAUN
The roots of the European Association of Urology Nurses can be traced back to the late 1990s.
During that time, many practitioners in the field of urology nursing were looking for opportunities to work within an organised international network - at that time, professional urology nurses associations only existed in several European countries.
This new-found energy of collaboration between urology nurses from different European countries powered the foundation of the EAUN. The EAUN is now a solid association with over 2,300 members which is steadily growing to maturity.